Submit a request online. We handle maintenance requests in order or priority level (emergency or routine).

Request Maintenance

Submit a routine maintenance request online
(link opens in a new window)

(619) 600-5230

Emergency Maintenance
24 hours a day

I have a maintenance request

Submit your maintenance request online via you tenant protal. Please utilize the maintenance FAQs and troubleshooting guide before submitting your maintenance request to avoid being charged for maintnenace items that are a tenant responsibility.

How long will a repair take once I submit a request?

It depends on the repair. If the repair is an emergency that makes the property uninhabitable or is causing ongoing damage, we typically have a vendor out within a few hours. If the repair is routine and not an emergency, it depends on what you schedule with the vendor. Repairs are not always fixed during the first visit as vendors may need authorization or additional parts.

Who are my utility companies, how do I transfer?

For water visit SD County Water Authority, put in your Address. Then contact your local water utility to transfer.

For gas and electric, it will always be SDG&E, if you are in San Diego County.

For trash, there are several companies that service San Diego County. First check your trash or recycling bin(s) for company contact information. If contact information is not available, please see below.

Can I do the repair myself and get reimbursed?

No. You cannot do work on the property without authorization from us. Tenants are not usually qualified or insured and can cause additional damage that ends up costing more to fix.

Will someone from the management company meet vendors for us?

Meeting vendors at your rental property is your responsibility. If there are no other options then we will meet the vendor, there will be fee charged to you that will vary depending on how long someone needs to be at the property.

Anyone over the age of 18 can meet the vendor at your home so you can ask a friend or family member to be there if you cannot be. Usually, this is only in emergency cases since routine maintenance can be scheduled around your schedule.

WATER LEAK, How to turn off main water supply?

Locate the cutoff valve closest to the fixture.

Most fixtures will have an individual shut-off located beneath the fixture. It will likely be a chrome valve. Sinks and showers may have two valves, one for hot and one for cold. Turn both these valves clockwise until valve is closed.

· Some appliances, such as washing machines, dish washers, and refrigerators, may have a water shut off switch on the body of the appliance or on the hose connecting the appliance to the wall.

· To find the shut off for a water heater, look for a water cutoff valve directly above the heater on a connected pipe.

Identify the main shut off valve.

This is usually a brass valve that has a round handle. In most homes, it is located near the main water pipe leading into your home. Common locations for this pipe include garages, basements, crawl spaces, or a utility room. FRPM will provide this location before a new tenant moves into a vacant property.

Always shut off the valve that's closest to the inside plumbing, as opposed to the valve that's closer to the street.

I lost power or need to reset the circuit breaker

A circuit breaker provides protection by stopping the flow of electricity if an overload or fault occurs. When an electrical fault occurs or the load on your circuit becomes too great, the breaker on that circuit trips and interrupts the flow of current to that circuit. A tripped circuit breaker is still sometimes referred to as a "blown fuse" in reference to the older technology that circuit breakers replaced.

Maintenance FAQs

Before electricity can be restored, the circuit breaker must be reset. However, even before you do that, you must take steps to ensure that it is safe to do so. Turn off or unplug all of the devices that are plugged into the circuit. Make certain no dangerous condition exists before restoring power. A Circuit Breaker which has been tripped will either be in the middle or "OFF" position. Locate the tripped circuit breaker and reset it by pushing it all the way to the "OFF" position and then back to the "ON" position. Often when you can't cannot reset the circuit breaker, it is because it must be turned all the way to the "Off" position first.
Maintenance FAQs

Electricity should now be restored to the circuit. If the circuit breaker trips again before you have turned anything on or plugged anything in, please submit a maintenance request immediately.

If no circuit breakers were tripped and you still do not have power at an outlet, the circuit is probably on a GFCI (See I lost power to the bathroom, kitchen, or outside).

I lost power to the bathroom, kitchen, or outside

GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) outlet is a device that adds a greater level of safety by reducing the risk of electric shock in locations such as bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms and outdoors.

Maintenance FAQs

A GFCI outlet may be wired in a branch circuit, which means other outlets and electrical devices may share the same circuit and breaker (or fuse). When a properly wired GFCI trips, the other devices down the line from it will also lose power. Note that devices on the circuit that come before the GFCI are not protected and are not affected when the GFCI is tripped.

If you have an outlet that doesn't work, and the breaker is not tripped, look for a GFCI outlet which may have tripped. The non-working outlet may be down line from a GFCI outlet. Note that the affected outlets may not be located near the GFCI outlet, they may be several rooms away or even on a different floor. Pressing the "Reset" will restore the circuit. If the outlet doesn't reset, then whichever appliance that is causing it to trip, may still be plugged in. If after unplugging everything, checking the circuit breaker or fuse, and resetting the GFCI does not work, please submit a maintenance request right away.

Troubleshooting garbage disposal issues

Follow this link to troubleshoot various issues:

Disposal not working, no noise:
Disposal hums or is jammed:
Disposal grinds poorly:
What do I do if I smell gas in the house?

If you suspect a natural gas leak, here’s what you should do:

  • Immediately evacuate the area.
  • From a safe location, call 911 or call SDG&E at 1-800-611-7343, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
  • Remain calm.
  • Don’t smoke, or light a match, candle or other flame.
  • Don’t turn electric appliances or lights on or off, operate machinery, or use any device that could cause a spark. Note that gas leaking from a plastic pipe can create static electricity that can ignite the gas.

After this, please call maintenance at (619) 475-2470

How do I light the pilot light on a water heater or furnace?

The gas utility company will light for free and inspect natural gas appliances for safety. You can schedule online at or call SDG&E at 1-800-611-7343. If SDG&E confirms the gas supply is in working order and is unable to light a pilot light, submit a maintenance request. We will ask if you have contacted SDG&E prior to dispatching a vendor.

How to unclog my drain

The best ways to unclog drains can be done with common household items, such as hot water, or a mixture of vinegar and baking soda. You can also use a zip strip, which can be purchased at any home goods store if you weren’t provided one at move in. Do not use products like Draino, as they are corrosive to older pipes with repeated use. You can also follow the tutorials below:

Garage Door Issues?

If your garage door isn't closing all the way, you may have a problem with the alignment of the sensors at the bottom corners of the garage door. This may occur if anyone has accidentally bumped into them. For a video of how to properly align your garage door, go to this link: